Centered Riding® Open Clinic
Mind, Body, Horse
October 26 – 28, 2018
November 9 – 11, 2018
Riders with own horse: €125 - Riders with school horse: €175 - Spectator: €30 per day
Centered Riding® is based upon harmony between the horse and rider. This is accomplished through an improved understanding and use of our own bodies. It is a way of riding, teaching and training horses based on a simple knowledge of human and horse anatomy, balance, movement, and an understanding of how the mind affects the body and how both can affect the horse.It is ideal for riders, trainers and instructors of all ages, interests and levels, from pleasure riders to international competitors, and in therapeutic riding. This is super for those who are interested in becoming a Centered Riding Instructor.
How will you benefit:
- Creates a harmony between horse and rider through a better understanding of the human body.
- Can be integrated to all disciplines of riding.
- Can be applied to all types of horses and horsemanship.
- Helps promote suppleness, lack of tension in the rider, stability, and clearer aids, making riding more comfortable for the horse and rider.
- Helps you to achieve an independent seat. You will become a more balanced rider with the ability to give clearer aids for smooth transitions in all gaits.
- Most important of all it makes riding more enjoyable, for you and your horse!
Spectators are welcome to attend the clinic on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This clinic is taught by Sue Leffler, an International Centered Riding Senior Level IV Instructor who studied under Sally Swift and a Balimo Equestrian Seat Instructor. She lives in Ontario, Canada and has 25+ years experience as a professional horsewoman - riding, teaching, training and breeding Canadian horses. She gives clinics in Canada, USA and many European countries including Austria, Germany, Finland, Holland and Spain.
Friday afternoon – Presentation and introduction to Centered Riding.
Saturday and Sunday will include un-mounted awareness and riding lessons using Centered Riding techniques with Sue Leffler.
Topics to be Covered:
- Centered Riding basics and how they apply to riding in any discipline whether it be dressage, jumping, carriage driving or trail riding.
- Use and movement of your body when riding the horse.
- Un mounted practical mind and body awareness exercises.
- Practical awareness exercises on horseback.
- The use of the seat – the most important connection between us and the horse.
For more information about Centered Riding: www.centeredriding.org
You can spend your free time enjoying the warmth of the Andalusian climate in the gardens which offer shade under the palm trees, by the salt-water swimming pool, or taking a peaceful walk in the olive groves. All of these areas provide opportunities for self-study, practice and making new discoveries.
Hacienda Dos Olivos is a country house of special charm blending Moorish and Andalusian styles, surrounded by 35 acres of organic olive grove, giving a peaceful atmosphere. The main house has two double rooms set around an interior patio and two charming cottages adjacent to the main house. Wifi internet is available both inside and outside the buildings. Traditional Spanish food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is prepared with local produce and regional Andalusian flavours. Lunch is accompanied with Spanish beer and/or refreshments. Dinners are served with good table wines in a fun, family atmosphere including reflections of the day. Tea and coffee is available at all times. Accommodation and meals are not included in the clinic price. Please contact us for details.