Treat yourself to developing in the practical and theoretical aspects of Classical Riding.
We endeavour to provide you with a wide range of experiences with the Spanish horse, enjoy the Andalusian sun, comfortable accommodation, sample tasty home made Spanish cuisine and soak up the unique atmosphere of tranquility.
Spend a week of intensive training to concentrate on developing your abilities on sensitive well-educated Spanish horses and to increase your enjoyment of riding with maximum efficiency and minimum physical effort.
You may be looking to improve your balance, body awareness with different un-mounted and mounted exercises, learn how to communicate with the horse with subtle aids, concentrate on Centered Riding techniques, or have a better understanding of lateral and collected movements. By the end your stay you will have tools and resources to practice with. The siesta period after lunch allows time for you to reflect, read and regenerate, or rest either in the shade of the trees beside the pool or on the patio.
Friends and Family
Friends and family who are non-riders but who would like to accompany their riding partners are also welcome and all courses provide free time for leisure activities. You may prefer the independence of a hire car to explore the regional highlights at will or just relax by the pool. The variety of landscapes offers excellent walking and wildlife.
- You can choose to have either 5 or 9 lessons spread over 5 days.
- Complementary body awareness lessons, such as Tai Chi or Alexander Technique with professional instructors may be available on request.
- Lessons are given individually or no more than two riders per session to ensure personal attention.
- Thursday morning is free in order that you may take advantage of visiting the show at the Royal School of Jerez, or choose from a wide variety of other activities.
- Six nights shared accommodation and full board. (Tea and coffee available 24 hours)
- Arrival is on Sunday afternoon (after 6,00pm). Departure is on the following Saturday after breakfast.
- Extra nights and lessons to suit your individual needs, can also be arranged.
Rates for Riding Week
- Intensive: 9 lessons: €1246.
- Regular: 5 lessons: €986.
- Single Room Supplement: €175,00
- Non-rider: €658,00
Prices include: Shared riding instruction, shared accommodation, and full board including dinner on the evening of arrival, typical Spanish breakfasts (continental style), two course lunches accompanied by soft drinks or beer and 3 course dinners with wine. Please specify any dietary requirements.
Prices exclude: All airfares, taxis, travel insurance and associated transfers. Any additional tuition, trail riding, catering not arranged by Hacienda Dos Olivos and lunch on Thursday (guests will need to make their own arrangements), which we can assist you with. However you will receive an evening meal.
- Private lesson (45 min): €65,00
- Private Schoolmaster lesson (45 min): €85,00
- Semi-Private (60 min): €56,00 per person
- Transfers from Seville airport, rail or bus station (one way/per car): €65,00
- All optional extras are payable locally.
** Rates are quoted in € (euros), per person.
General Terms & Conditions
(PDF - 96 Kb)
"Johanna and the staff at Hacienda Dos Olivos are most accommodating in making guests feel welcome and special individual attention making sure that all individual needs and travel desires are met! The horses are magnificent and well trained. Superb schoolmasters. An unequalled riding experience and learning opportunity."
~ E. Sause, USA
Should Seville itself be your base during the time of your stay in Andalusia or if you live locally, you are welcome to visit us. You can book a private or semi-private lesson and lessons take place in either the 20 x 40m arena, or the custom built lunging arena.
Clinics and Workshops
Johanna is available for clinics and workshops throughout Spain and internationally. Please contact us with details of your clinic proposal.
Clinics with International Instructors
Clinics with renowned international instructors are held at Hacienda Dos Olivos including Centered Riding (CR) which are held with Canadian Level IV Senior Instructor Sue Leffler and Ethology workshops (exploring the language of horses) undertaken by Lucy Rees, author of ‘The Horse’s Mind’.
Many other events, clinics and workshops can be found on our Events Calendar or Facebook page. Check back often as we constantly update these pages to let you know what is happening at Hacienda Dos Olivos.